Repair Report from Sept.
9, 2004 on my 2001 Chevy Venture
Diagnosis & Repair Report - September 9, 2004
Selected Quotes from Repair Paperwork - September 9, 2004
Original write-up on paperwork: (of Sept. 9, 2004 - Mileage = 46,445)
- The "SES" light is off
- The speedometer now works
- The transmission is back to "smooth" shifting again!
BUT. . .
- I was not told about the "hum noise" during the test drive (I read it after I got home).
Could this be related to the right-front wheel 'build up' I originally reported?
- I don't understand what "ODO OUT 46445 ODO IN 46551" means (from above). I will ask when I go back.
More Good News:
A message was left on my answering machine at about 11:45 AM that said that the Air Filter Housing had arrived
and that I should schedule an appointment to have it installed.
- I called back and have scheduled an appointment for 8 AM tomorrow (Sept. 10, 2004).
I believe the dealer did a very good job completing the work in a timely fashion on today's work.
This was especially important to me considering that today's issues were probably caused by incomplete work.
My "new" concerns are:
- Did the technician "test drive" the van after the original repair? I don't believe so because the odometer had the
same reading when I picked it up as when I dropped it off the first day (46,437).
- I was not "told" about the "hum noise" - I had to read about it.
My continuing concerns are:
- What if I had not decided to look into the engine compartment after the repair or not noticed the problems?
I would like to be able to trust the repair shop to do a complete & thorough job, especially a GM dealer. I specifically
left a message & said "I am not concerned about when the work is done, just that it is done right." I also said the
same thing in person.
- Was the inside of the right-front wheel inspected before the steam cleaning was done?
From the report it appears that only the inside of the fender was looked at (saw mud). (I may not have been
clear enough about what I saw and maybe should have shown someone or taken a picture - like these)
Could this be the cause of the "hum noise" mentioned above?
|Follow-up: Repair Report of Sept. 10, 2004|
Chevy Venture Home | Maintenance Index