Repair Report from Sept.
10, 2004 on my 2001 Chevy Venture
Diagnosis & Repair Report - September 10, 2004
Selected Quotes from Repair Paperwork - September 10, 2004
Original write-up on paperwork: (of Sept. 10, 2004 - Mileage = 46,461)
- The air filter housing assembly was replaced without any apparent additional problems.
Other . . .
- I found that the retainer clip for the hood prop-rod was broken. Replacement part was only $1.04. Picture here
I believe the dealer did a very good job completing the work in a timely fashion on today's work.
This was especially important to me considering that today's issues were caused during a previous repair.
I also liked the fact that they gave me a rental car (at no charge) to use during the repair.
My "new" concerns are:
My continuing concerns are:
- What if I had not decided to look into the engine compartment after the repair or not noticed the problems?
I would like to be able to trust the repair shop to do a complete & thorough job, especially a GM dealer. I specifically
left a message & said "I am not concerned about when the work is done, just that it is done right." I also said the
same thing in person.
- I was not "told" about the "hum noise" - I had to read about it (see Repair Report of Sept. 9, 2004).
- Was the inside of the right-front wheel inspected before the steam cleaning was done?
From the report it appears that only the inside of the fender was looked at (saw mud). (I may not have been
clear enough about what I saw and maybe should have shown someone or taken a picture - like these)
Could this be the cause of the "hum noise" mentioned above?
|Next Repair: Oct. 11, 2004 symptoms.|
Van Home |